Monday, October 8, 2007

Blogging impacting Journalism

I am a first time Blog user, and I am already realizing how easily bloggers can have an effect on journalism. I have done some research on a few sites regarding the effects Bloggers have on news, and in my opinion it has has historic effects.In my research I found that the most wonderful thing about blogging is anyone can be a blogger.Literary anyone can become a blogger, any age group, no matter the ethnicity, educated, or not educated at all.Blogs are in a journal/diary type format, and most of the time very personalized. Alot of the times you can find links that lead you to sites with more information on the topic the blogger is discussing.Anyone can become a news reporter, or a writer through this method. Although there are some bloggers that post untrue information, there are many that post first hand information about current events occuring.It seems that many feel that the Media is loosing its credibility, and searching the web for more information. Bloggers are posting what they know, how they know it, and informing others to do more sharing and researching of what they know.

If you'd like more information on Blogging and how it has impacted Journalism, visit these links:

http://www.ojr.org/ojr/workplace/1017958873.php


http://www.journalism.co.uk/5/articles/5604.php


http://journalism.nyu.edu/pubzone/weblogs/pressthink/2003/10/16/radical_ten.html



As I continue to do my own research, I am learning more and more on how Blogging is impacting our society and Journalism.

Where will Blogging take us next as a society?...Coming Soon( to be continued)

No comments: